Wipro Limited, a world-renown technology services and consulting company, launched a managed private 5G-as-a-Service solution in partnership with Cisco. The 5G-as-a-service offering enables enterprise customers to achieve better business outcomes through the seamless integration of private 5G with their existing LAN/WAN/Cloud infrastructure.
What is the market offering of the solution?
The changing nature of work and digital transformation across Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) infrastructures are driven by 5G and other complementary tech. Managed private 5G from Cisco and Wipro supports organizations looking to enjoy the advantages of a private 5G network without having to acquire, run, and maintain one.
The as-a-service solution benefits enterprise clients by minimizing the risks associated with upfront capital expenditure (Capex) investments and expedites tech adoption as Wipro and Cisco take on the technical, operational, and commercial risks of implementing the solution.
The managed private 5G solution is built on Cisco’s industry-leading mobile core technology and Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio – spanning IoT sensors and gateways, device management software, as well as monitoring tools and dashboards. The solution is seamlessly built, run, and managed by Wipro for customers. To support the alliance, Wipro has created a dedicated private 5G lab to build, test, and demonstrate industry use-cases.
What does the partnership mean for Cisco and Wipro?
“Private 5G is already enabling connectivity for a wide range of use cases in factories, supply chains, university and enterprise campuses, entertainment venues, hospitals, and more. We’ve created a simplified and intuitive private 5G solution with Wipro, leveraging the advantages of 5G, IoT, Edge and Wi-Fi6 tech to improve customer outcomes,” said Masum Mir, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Provider Mobility, Cisco Networking.
“Wipro and Cisco have a long history of building secure networks for enterprises and industries. We are both dedicated to the partnership and delivering a secure, cloud-managed private 5G service to our customers. Because it is an as-a-service solution, it provides maximum benefits while minimizing the human resources and costs associated with owning a private network,” commented Jo Debecker, Global Head of Wipro FullStride Cloud.
Lourdes Charles, Vice President, 5G / Connectivity Services, Wipro Limited said, “Private 5G integration will put organizations on the cusp of a new revolution. We are delighted to expand our long-standing relationship between Cisco and Wipro to include managed private 5G solutions for enterprise clients. To simplify the customer experience, the solution will validate mission-critical use cases, operations Service-Level Agreements, and lifecycle management.”
“Wipro is fully committed through our 5G Def-i platform, to assist customers with their private 5G networks through best-in-class technology, pricing, and performance.”
What is the wider industry context of this product launch?
The State of 5G in 2023
5G has been rapidly deployed around the world in recent years, and the technology is now starting to reach its full potential. In 2023, we are seeing a number of exciting developments in the 5G space, including:
- The continued expansion of 5G networks: 5G networks are now available in most major cities around the world, and coverage is expected to continue to expand in the coming years. This will make 5G more accessible to businesses and consumers alike.
- The rise of 5G-enabled devices: A growing number of devices are now being released that support 5G, including smartphones, laptops, and tablets. This is making it easier for people to take advantage of the high speeds and low latency that 5G offers.
- The emergence of new 5G-powered applications: 5G is enabling a new wave of innovative applications, such as real-time streaming of 8K video, remote surgery, and self-driving cars. These applications are still in their early stages, but they have the potential to revolutionize the way we live and work.
In addition to these developments, there are a number of other trends that are shaping the future of 5G in 2023. These include:
- The growing importance of edge computing: Edge computing is a distributed computing model that brings computing resources closer to the end user. This can help to improve performance and reduce latency for applications that are sensitive to these factors.
- The rise of 5G private networks: 5G private networks are dedicated networks that are used by businesses and organizations. These networks offer a number of benefits, such as improved security and performance.
- The increasing focus on sustainability: As the world becomes more aware of the environmental impact of technology, there is a growing focus on making 5G more sustainable. This is being done through a number of initiatives, such as using more energy-efficient hardware and deploying 5G in a way that minimizes the impact on the environment.
Overall, the state of 5G in 2023 is very promising. The technology is now widely available, and a growing number of devices and applications are being released that take advantage of its capabilities. As 5G continues to evolve, it is poised to have a major impact on the way we live and work.
Here are some additional thoughts on the future of 5G:
- 5G will continue to expand its reach in the coming years, as more countries and carriers deploy the technology.
- 5G will enable a new wave of innovative applications, such as augmented reality, virtual reality, and autonomous driving.
- 5G will be a key enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), as it will allow for the connection of billions of devices.
- 5G will have a major impact on the economy, as it will create new jobs and opportunities.
I believe that 5G has the potential to be a truly transformative technology. It has the power to change the way we live, work, and play. I am excited to see how 5G evolves in the years to come.
Gerald Ainomugisha is a business news reporter and freelance B2B marketer with over 10 years of experience in writing high-converting copy and content for businesses of all kinds, especially SaaS providers in the niches of HR, IT, fintech, eCommerce and web3. Since joining Upwork in 2012 (back when it was still eLance), Gerald A. has delivered great results for hundreds of clients, maintaining a 98% Job Success rate as well as 5+ years of Top Rated Plus rating (and Premium Writers Talent Cloud membership). Book a meeting with Gerald A. today to get the powerful SEO content you need!