Shippit, one of the industry-leading last-mile delivery platforms in the world, has announced a strategic partnership with Shopline, Asia’s premier online seller. This partnership embeds Shippit as the delivery solution of choice for retailers transacting on the Shopline platform.
What does the partnership mean for customers?
This native integration offers Shopline customers the following key benefits:
Easy setup to connect their store website in minutes and sync orders instantly upon payment.
Centralised access to leading carriers and exclusive delivery rates for flexible shipping options at the checkout.
Flexible and fast fulfilment to streamline pick and pack workflows and packaging decisions for consistent, error-free fulfilment.
Seamless post-purchase experiences with automated and reliable tracking notifications and dedicated in-house delivery support.
Through this partnership, Shippit and Shopline will provide retailers across the region unrivalled delivery experiences while streamlining their business operations to help focus their valuable time and resources on growing their businesses. Shippit’s native integration with Shopline marks another milestone in its longstanding commitment to building a best-in-class delivery platform, accessible to all retailers, ecosystem partners, and carriers alike.
What does this mean for Shopline and Shippit?
“Being selected by Shopline to be their native logistics partner, right from the start of their journey in Australia is both humbling and a boon for ASEAN retailers looking to exceed their customers’ delivery expectations,” said William On, co-founder and joint-CEO at Shippit.
“This integration reaffirms our investment to building a platform where retailers can have it all: great technology and fit-for-purpose delivery solutions is paying off,” William On said.
“Selecting Shippit as our natively embedded last mile delivery platform of choice was easy. Together with Shippit, Shopline helps retailers sell and ship anywhere at any time. This best-of-breed partnership is creating the benchmark experience for retailers that want to inspire loyalty and repeat purchases,” said Jonathan Levy, Country Manager, Australia at Shopline.
For more information about Shippit and Shopline’s integration, please visit the website.
What is the wider industry context of this partnership?
The Importance of Last-Mile Delivery in E-Commerce
In the world of e-commerce, the last mile is the most important mile. It is the final leg of the journey from the warehouse to the customer’s door, and it is where the customer’s experience is made or broken.
In recent years, the demand for last-mile delivery has grown exponentially. This is due to a number of factors, including the rise of online shopping, the increasing popularity of same-day delivery, and the growth of the gig economy.
As a result of this growing demand, last-mile delivery has become a major challenge for e-commerce retailers. They need to find ways to deliver orders quickly, efficiently, and affordably.
There are a number of factors that can affect the success of last-mile delivery. These include:
- The distance between the warehouse and the customer: The longer the distance, the more expensive the delivery will be.
- The time of day: Deliveries made during peak hours are more expensive than those made during off-peak hours.
- The weather: Deliveries made in bad weather are more likely to be delayed or damaged.
- The availability of delivery drivers: In some areas, there is a shortage of delivery drivers, which can lead to delays.
E-commerce retailers need to carefully consider all of these factors when planning their last-mile delivery strategy. They need to find ways to deliver orders quickly, efficiently, and affordably, while still providing a good customer experience.
There are a number of ways to improve last-mile delivery. These include:
- Using multiple delivery carriers: This can help to ensure that orders are delivered on time, even if one carrier is experiencing delays.
- Using technology to track orders: This can help customers to see where their orders are and when they are expected to be delivered.
- Offering same-day delivery: This is a popular option for customers who want their orders as soon as possible.
- Using crowdsourced delivery: This is a model where deliveries are made by independent contractors, such as gig workers.
The importance of last-mile delivery is only going to grow in the years to come. As e-commerce continues to grow, so too will the demand for last-mile delivery. E-commerce retailers that can successfully manage their last-mile delivery will be well-positioned to succeed in the years to come.
In addition to the factors mentioned above, there are a number of other reasons why last-mile delivery is so crucial in e-commerce.
- Customer satisfaction: The last mile is the customer’s first and only interaction with the retailer, so it is essential to get it right. A poor last-mile experience can lead to customer dissatisfaction, which can damage the retailer’s brand reputation.
- Revenue growth: Last-mile delivery can help to increase revenue by enabling retailers to offer same-day or next-day delivery. These services are becoming increasingly popular with consumers, and they can provide retailers with a competitive advantage.
- Cost savings: Last-mile delivery can also help to reduce costs by optimizing the delivery process. This can be done by using more efficient routing algorithms, consolidating deliveries, and using crowdsourced delivery.
Overall, last-mile delivery is a critical part of the e-commerce supply chain. By understanding the factors that affect last-mile delivery and implementing effective strategies, retailers can improve their customer satisfaction, increase revenue, and reduce costs.
Gerald Ainomugisha is a business news reporter and freelance B2B marketer with over 10 years of experience in writing high-converting copy and content for businesses of all kinds, especially SaaS providers in the niches of HR, IT, fintech, eCommerce and web3. Since joining Upwork in 2012 (back when it was still eLance), Gerald A. has delivered great results for hundreds of clients, maintaining a 98% Job Success rate as well as 5+ years of Top Rated Plus rating (and Premium Writers Talent Cloud membership). Book a meeting with Gerald A. today to get the powerful SEO content you need!