In 1971, the first Shangri-La Hotel opened its doors in Singapore, welcoming its guests like family. Since then, Shangri-La’s journey has constantly mirrored Asia’s rapid growth.
As the brand marks its 50th anniversary, it celebrates its ties to the region with a new #WithHeart campaign by honoring the passion and values that have driven the brand’s evolution and the rise of Asia through the stories of those who have lived this transformation.
The campaign brings to life the significance of “wholeheartedness” in all endeavors. A short film series was created to tell the stories of young and passionate Asian culture makers.
The campaign will also include a quest to discover stories #WithHeart through social media and will extend into 2022 through more collaborations and experiences.
“As we reflect on 50 years of bringing the best of Asia to the world through our heartfelt hospitality, we wanted to showcase stories that embody the tradition, craftsmanship and passion of the region we call home,” said Hui Kuok, Chair of Shangri-La Group.
“Asia has been through an incredible transformation, reinventing itself with unparalleled economic, cultural, and technological progress and a pioneering spirit that we share.”
“Shangri-La is proud to have supported this growth. As we mark our anniversary, we want to bring to life the stories that have made Asia what it is today.”
“We are celebrating our past and looking to the future as we embark on our next chapter.”
“From Asia with Heart” Short Film Series
- A culinary pioneer who rose to become Asia’s Best Female Chef says that cooking is the only thing she does with passion.
- An architecture graduate who followed her heart to become an internationally renowned installation artist embracing change by experimenting with art.
- A respected fashion designer who embarked on a journey of advocacy to open peoples’ minds to the idea of luxury goods made in China.
- An iconic furniture designer inspired by the profound beauty of nature.
- An illustrator reimagining Chinese culture and folklore for children.
- A pianist infusing his riveting performances with Asian influences.
These are just some of the wholehearted stories of Asia told in Shangri-La’s new “From Asia with Heart” short film series, a six-episode collection being released through January 2022.
At this site, visitors will also find inspiring stories, perspectives and foresight into different industry trends from even more Asian innovators, entrepreneurs and visionaries who put their heart into everything they do. Full versions of the short films will be released.
Shangri-La is also rewarding those who share their #WithHeart stories on social media.
Beginning in November on Instagram, the brand invited people to share what they do “with heart” for a chance to take their passions further and win exclusive Shangri-La prizes.