Pegasystems Inc., the low-code platform provider empowering enterprises to Build for Change®, launched Pega Process Mining, which will make it easier for users to find and fix process inefficiencies hindering their business operations. These intuitive process mining capabilities – along with generative AI-ready APIs – will be seamlessly integrated within Pega Platform™, providing firms with a unified solution to optimize their Pega workflows.
As more businesses face increasing customer expectations, process bottlenecks can frustrate both customers and employees. But many process optimization methods and tools in the market are too difficult to use, time consuming to implement, and may not accurately reflect how processes really work. This makes it challenging for businesses to improve their customer and employee experiences, which continue to become more complex over time.
What makes Pega Process Mining so unique?
Stemming from last year’s acquisition of Everflow, Pega Process Mining uses AI and dedicated algorithms to model and analyze the ‘as-is’ lifecycle of their processes based on event log data. It pinpoints bottlenecks, reworks, nonconformances, and other pain points – like extraneous steps in account onboarding processes that takes clients too long to complete.
The software prioritizes more efficient ways for users to refine their processes. This helps businesses accelerate their path to becoming an autonomous enterprise, allowing them to better align client journeys to drive higher productivity, cut costs, and improve experiences.
Powerful yet easy to use
The software’s intuitive interface allows citizen developers, business users, and other non-technical staff to take advantage of Pega’s powerful and scalable process mining capabilities. It avoids complex setup and data preparation by making it simple to quicky feed event log data into the software, which then generates insightful dashboards to visualize the results.
In addition, all users – not just experienced data analyst professionals – can dig deeper into the analysis with easy-to-use tools such as root cause analysis to uncover why slowdowns occur; a simulation engine to predict the impact of a proposed process change; and a benchmarking feature to compare how the process has changed over time.
Generative AI-ready capabilities
Pega Process Mining gets even easier to use by connecting it to generative AI models like ChatGPT via APIs. This enables users to leverage natural language queries to uncover insights like “why did our claims process times increase last month in Europe?” or “where are the most urgent bottlenecks in our customer onboarding process that we need to fix?”
Pega APIs allow for the use of AI models as a front-end interface. Pega will deeply integrate AI capabilities in future releases, further making process and task analysis easier to use.
Continuous optimization in one unified platform
By combining Pega Process Mining with Pega Platform, users can continuously build, optimize, and monitor their processes without leaving the Pega environment. Pega users build their app workflows in Pega Platform, the low-code platform for AI-decisioning and workflow automation, and adjust workflows based on recommendations from Pega Process Mining.
Users can then easily repeat the process with data from new workflows at any time to monitor the effect of those changes and fix any new bottlenecks that may have emerged. This makes it routine for clients to consistently benefit from their optimization efforts.
What does the solution mean for Pega clients?
“To ensure an exceptional experience for your customers and employees, workflow optimization must be an ongoing pursuit and not just an occasional effort. But today’s process mining tools and methods are too cumbersome and time consuming to perform on a regular basis,” said Eric Musser, General Manager for Intelligent Automation at Pega.
“Pega Process Mining makes it more accessible for anyone to easily root out process inefficiencies. This helps organizations continuously optimize their employee and customer experiences and brings them one step closer to becoming an autonomous enterprise.”
Pega Process Mining will be available for Pega Platform users by the end of June 2023. For more information on the product, please visit the website. To learn more, attend PegaWorld iNspire the annual Pega user conference, from June 11-13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas where the software will be on display and spotlighted in sessions including Process Mining 101: Continuously Improve and Transform Your Pega Workflows with Process Mining.
What is the wider industry context of this product launch?
The mining industry is a major contributor to the global economy, but it is also one of the most inefficient. According to a study by McKinsey & Company, the mining industry could save $100 billion per year by eliminating inefficiencies.
There are a number of factors that contribute to inefficiencies in the mining industry, including:
- Lack of data integration: Mining companies often use a variety of different software systems to manage their operations. This can lead to data silos, which make it difficult to track and analyze data across the organization.
- Manual processes: Many mining processes are still performed manually, which can lead to errors and delays.
- Outdated technology: Many mining companies use outdated technology, which can be less efficient and more prone to breakdowns.
- Lack of skilled workers: The mining industry is facing a shortage of skilled workers, which can make it difficult to find the right people to fill critical roles.
These inefficiencies can have a significant impact on the mining industry’s bottom line. For example, a study by the World Bank found that the mining industry in developing countries loses an estimated $15 billion per year due to inefficiencies.
There are a number of things that mining companies can do to improve their efficiency, including:
- Investing in data integration: Mining companies can save a significant amount of money by investing in data integration solutions. This will allow them to track and analyze data across the organization, which will help them to identify and eliminate inefficiencies.
- Automating manual processes: Mining companies can improve their efficiency by automating manual processes. This can be done by using software robots to perform tasks such as data entry, scheduling, and reporting.
- Upgrading technology: Mining companies can improve their efficiency by upgrading their technology. This will help them to reduce costs, improve productivity, and increase safety.
- Training workers: Mining companies can improve their efficiency by training their workers on new technologies and processes. This will help them to be more productive and to reduce errors.
By taking these steps, mining companies can improve their efficiency and save a significant amount of money. This will help them to remain competitive in the global marketplace and to continue to contribute to the global economy.
In addition to the above, there are a number of other ways that mining companies can improve their efficiency. These include:
- Reducing waste: Mining companies can reduce waste by improving their production processes and by recycling and reusing materials.
- Improving safety: Mining companies can improve safety by investing in new safety technologies and by training their workers on safe work practices.
- Protecting the environment: Mining companies can protect the environment by using environmentally friendly practices and by mitigating the impact of their operations on the surrounding environment.
By taking these steps, mining companies can improve their efficiency and make a positive contribution to the global economy.
Gerald Ainomugisha is a business news reporter and freelance B2B marketer with over 10 years of experience in writing high-converting copy and content for businesses of all kinds, especially SaaS providers in the niches of HR, IT, fintech, eCommerce and web3. Since joining Upwork in 2012 (back when it was still eLance), Gerald A. has delivered great results for hundreds of clients, maintaining a 98% Job Success rate as well as 5+ years of Top Rated Plus rating (and Premium Writers Talent Cloud membership). Book a meeting with Gerald A. today to get the powerful SEO content you need!