Oracle is introducing new logistics capabilities within Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain & Manufacturing (SCM). The updates to Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) and Oracle Global Trade Management (GTM), part of Oracle Cloud SCM, help clients reduce costs, improve accuracy, automate regulatory compliance, and enhance logistics flexibility.
What are the perks of the new capabilities?
Logistics leaders are overwhelmed with the build up of port and shipping delays, fluctuating fuel costs, and evolving trade regulations while also being at the forefront of efforts to reduce carbon emissions of goods in transit. Firms that don’t have responsive logistics processes in place often end up passing these delays and costs onto their clients. The new capabilities within Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management include:
- Automated Trade Agreement Qualification: Helps customers validate Certificate of Origin, reduce tariffs, and enter new markets. With a deep view into the bill of materials, Trade Agreement Qualification enables customers to comply with labour regulations and prove where goods were produced via auditable records.
- New Oracle Logistics Digital Assistant Capabilities: Allow users to gain insight into the status of their shipments with simple voice commands. With the embedded Logistics Digital Assistant, users can quickly find answers to their questions.
- Enhanced Workbenches: Allow users to combine data from multiple sources into a single view to streamline operations and enhance decision making. New templates for driver management, dock scheduling, work assignments, shipment, spot bids, and restricted party screening enable users to manage specific logistics processes more efficiently.
- New Oracle Transportation Management Mobile App: Enables customers to send assignments to drivers, capture arrival and departure events, and communicate in-transit status and location information. The highly configurable and intuitive app synchronises offline app data and allows users to execute tasks efficiently no matter where they are.
- ETA Predictions with Machine Learning: Provide real-time updates and shipment tracking to create accurate predictions for arrival times based on a customer’s unique business operations. With more accurate ETA predictions, customers can take quick action to reroute shipments to enhance operational efficiency.
Why is Oracle Cloud SCM crucial to the industry?
Oracle Cloud SCM helps firms seamlessly connect supply chain processes and respond to changing demand, supply, and market conditions. With new features added every quarter, Oracle Cloud SCM helps clients create a resilient supply processes that outpace change.
Commenting on the product, Derek Gittoes, Vice President of Supply Chain Management Product Strategy, Oracle, said, “The last few years tested the flexibility of global logistics operations and many organisations have struggled to keep pace with the changing market.”
“With Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management, organisations can rapidly adapt to changes in their supply chain and logistics network. Oracle’s self-updating platform gives customers access to continuous innovation, as new features are added every 90 days without business disruption,” Derek Gittoes further said.
For additional information on Oracle Cloud SCM applications, visit Oracle.com/scm.