KetaMD, Inc (“KetaMD”), a new Florida-based telemedicine company providing access to at-home ketamine treatments for people suffering from depression and related mental health conditions, is thrilled to announce the availability of its virtual platform and mobile app to residents in Florida. KetaMD is bringing safe, affordable, accessible, and reliable mental health treatment options starting in the company’s home state.
Ketamine is rapidly gaining awareness as a proven treatment for various mental health conditions such as treatment-resistant depression. KetaMD is committed to battling the growing mental health crisis and the growing shortage of mental health care providers in Florida and across America, both issues further exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
How big is the mental health crisis in the USA?
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year. In Florida, nearly 2.9 million adults have a mental health condition.
- Over 6.3 million people in Florida live in a community that does not have enough mental health professionals.
- A recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry evaluated more than 400 patients over one year and found that 72% saw significant reductions in their symptoms of depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation.
- According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, nearly two in five American adults struggled with mental health issues in 2020 and only 46% received treatment.
- Floridians struggle to get the help they need. Almost 41% of Floridian adults report symptoms of anxiety and depression, while only 24.8% get the help they need.
- Of the 796,000 adults in Florida who did not receive needed mental health care in 2021, 49.7% did not because of cost.
- The ratio of population to mental health providers was 670:1 in Florida compared to 310:1 in California, 370:1 in New York and 960:1 in Texas.
- Florida ranks 49th in the nation for access to mental health care, according to Mental Health America.
What are the new mental health treatments in Florida?
KetaMD and its parent company, Braxia Scientific Corp, are dedicated to increasing widespread access to ketamine treatment for depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other mental health challenges through KetaMD’s safe, convenient, and HIPAA-compliant telemedicine platform with treatments guided by registered nurses.
Those who are determined eligible by one of KetaMD’s licensed Florida healthcare practitioners receive medically supervised treatments, guided virtually by registered nurses, and backed by the world’s leading psychiatrists and researchers in depression.
Through evidence-based research, ketamine has been scientifically proven to produce robust antidepressant effects in those who suffer from depression, even treatment-resistant depression, making it one of the major breakthroughs in psychiatry in the last 50 years.
What are the executives’ thoughts on ketamine therapy?
“We’ve seen improved outcomes firsthand from ketamine treatment in our clinics and in our clinical trials. People suffering from major depression & mental health conditions need immediate access to safe, affordable, & readily available innovative treatments that improves their life. KetaMD is doing just that,” states Dr. Roger McIntyre, CEO, Braxia Scientific.
In multiple studies, ketamine has also been shown to have rapid and persistent benefits for acute care in suicidal patients who often suffer from mental health challenges. As National Suicide Awareness month kicked off in September and Mental Illness Awareness Week kicks off October 2, KetaMD has ramped up operations expanding session availability to provide additional support to Florida residents in need of treatment and help.
“Through KetaMD’s digital telehealth capabilities, we are committed to bringing awareness, accessibility, and scalability of the benefits of ketamine for those suffering from depression & other mood disorders,” said Warren Gumpel, CEO, KetaMD. “As a Miami-based company, we are pleased to roll out our services in Florida first. If we are successful in diverting just one person from choosing suicide, we know it would be mission accomplished.”
KetaMD is currently available in the State of Florida, however, expansion to other key states is planned in 2022 & 2023. Adults interested in ketamine treatment for eligible mental health conditions can download the KetaMD mobile app directly from the App Store or Google Play.