Outdoor media firm JCDecaux unveils the Westpac Walk at Barangaroo

JCDecaux inked a seven-year deal with Westpac unveiling the Westpac Walk, a multi-asset destination in Sydney Trains’ walk-through tunnel between Wynyard Train Station and Barangaroo. It is the first time the walk-through is being used as an Out-of-Home branding and community communication opportunity since construction was completed in 2018.

What is the Westpac Walk?

This 180m long walkway connects Wynyard Station – one of Sydney’s busiest morning commuter stations – to the Western CBD and Barangaroo. The tunnel has the capacity to accommodate around 20,000 pedestrians passing through every hour. Westpac Walk connects with desirable audiences including those traveling, working and living in the city.

Westpac will display their content and advertising for 75% of the total share of time on the Westpac Walk assets, inclusive of all finance category exclusivity. The remaining 25% share of time is committed to another partner Dyson, up until 2024. It showcases the depth of their product offering and connects customers to their flagship store on George Street, Sydney.

What does the partnership mean for JCDecaux?

Max Eburne, Chief Commercial Officer at JCDecaux
Max Eburne, Chief Commercial Officer at JCDecaux

Max Eburne, Chief Commercial Officer, JCDecaux, said: “This is the first partnership of its kind where JCDecaux has commercially transformed an iconic landmark for the benefit of the brands we partner with, the community and our contract partners. Our long-term partnership with Westpac offers an unparalleled opportunity for them to engage with the community”.

Ben White, National Director, Customer Growth, said: “We’re delighted to strengthen our relationship with Westpac. A unique part of our partnership is the community connection and content Westpac is displaying. In this busy 24/7 pedestrian area, the uniquely shaped digital large format assets will display bespoke community messaging for 50% of the total time.”

“Westpac will curate various social interest or community focused content, like information on special events, sports news and updates, local events, sustainability, environmental projects, and public artworks initiatives. This architecturally designed environment also provides a unique opportunity for effective, long-term brand connection for Westpac.”