Human Kind 2023, a three day immersive summit bringing together the industry leaders and changemakers, is making its global debut at Sydney’s iconic Luna Park, 16-18 March 2023. With a vision to help reshape our collective future, Human Kind features an unbeatable line-up of events hosted by global heavy-hitters—-from world-leading neuroscientists to thought-provoking artists and others who have achieved incredible personal and collective feats.
What is expected of Human Kind 2023?
Local legend Nedd Brockmann, who ran a mega marathon from Perth to Sydney covering a colossal 3,800km, will speak of his journey whilst Cheryl Bart AO, the first Australian female and the 31st person worldwide to complete the ‘Explorer’s Grand Slam’, will share stories of making history as the first mother-daughter duo to accomplish all seven summits.
Global health leader and ‘Iceman’ Wim Hof will take guests on a once-in-a-lifetime breathing and ice experience, and those with a penchant for sport will have the opportunity to meet the crew of Comanche and board the world’s fastest monohull ocean racing yacht. ‘Solvation’, Human Kind’s innovative problem solving competition, will see attendees join personalities to help solve real-world problems faced by companies, charities, society and the environment.
Taking the elevator pitch to new heights, the ‘Ferris Wheel of Steel’ and the ‘Ferris Wheel of Fortune’ will allow participants an opportunity to pitch to a handpicked group of musicians, industry insiders, investors and venture capitalists for the length of a ferris wheel ride.
Waiting to offer advice, networking opportunities and financial investment to entrepreneurs and unsigned artists include big names like Mark Bouris (Celebrity Apprentice, Yellow Brick Road), DJ and record producer Seth Troxler, one-woman funk machine DJ Holographic, Australian DJ and tour de force in Europe’s minimal scene Marlie, Sneaky Sound System, Guy Sebastian (the only Australian artist in ARIA chart history to boast six #1 singles) and more.
Brimming with interactive experiences, music and live entertainment, guests will have the chance to network with talent, artists and attendees. ‘Unstuck’, an interactive theatre experience unseen in Australia, will make viewers a part of the narrative with the actors, showcasing the transformational change that occurs when one leaves their comfort zone.
The Human Kind comedy line up includes riotous icon Reggie Watts, an internationally renowned musician, comedian and actor most famously known as the bandleader on The Late Late Show With James Corden, Jim Jefferies who found international fame with sitcom Legit, and The Jim Jefferies Show, Jenny Johnson, former television news producer turned Twitter comedian, and Von Decarlo, New York-bred comedian, producer and writer.
Human Kind is a not-for-profit. Every year Human Kind runs, profits will be distributed to a different organisation or charity that aligns with the Human Kind goals. This year’s chosen charity is AIME, a dynamic mentoring program supporting Indigenous students through secondary school and into university, employment or further education.
Founder of Human Kind and CEO of Winning Appliances John Winning Jr says, “I’m so excited to be bringing a plethora of stimulating experiences, incredible artistic talent and some of the greatest minds on the planet together in one place to create a fun and imaginative space where people can dream big, make meaningful connections, and enjoy some world-class arts whilst giving back.” Sign-up now for priority access to limited tickets at humankind.sydney.
Who are the event headliners of Human Kind 2023?
2023 Human Kind line-up, more names to be announced in the new year:
- Wim Hof: Global health leader and ‘Iceman’.
- Matt Mullenweg: Creator of WordPress.
- Dr Dianne McGrath: Serial adventurer, biohacker, and sailor.
- John Bertrand AO: Skipper of Australia 11, the winner of the 1983 America’s Cup.
- Dr Jemma King: Expert in emotional intelligence and performance under stress.
- Kirsha Kaechele: Artist and curator of Museum of Old and New Art (MONA).
- Scott Galloway: One of the World’s 50 best business school professors.
- Nedd Brockmann: Local legend and mega marathon runner.
- Hattie Boydle: Fitness model.
- Ronni Kahn AO: Founder of OzHarvest, Australia’s leading food rescue organisation.
- Jack Manning Bancroft: CEO and Founder of AIME, an award-winning social movement.
- Nic Marchesi OAM: Co-founder of Orange Sky, a charity that offers free mobile laundry services for the homeless.
- Yas Grigaliunas: Founder and Chief Evangelist of the award-winning circular economy enterprise, Circonomy.
- Cheryl Bart AO: The first Australian female and the 31st person worldwide to complete the ‘Explorer’s Grand Slam’.
- Mark Bouris: Australian entrepreneur and former host of Australia’s Celebrity Apprentice.
- Dr Charlie Teo: Leader in the development, dissemination, and acceptance of minimally invasive techniques in neurosurgery.
- Dr Michael Sughrue: Founder of Omniscient Neurotechnology, an artificial intelligence startup that’s aimed at radically accelerating the evolution of our understanding of human brain disease.
- Katharina Kuehn: One of the world’s leading consumer neuroscientists, author, strategist and founder of Deep Sphere.
- Felipe Ramirez: Chief Science Officer at The Winning Group and founder of AI firm, Biorithmico.
- Sarah Ellen: Internet phenomenon, fashion icon, furniture designer and artist.
- Dan Single: Fashion guru, entrepreneur, and DJ.
- Cooper Chapman: Professional surfer.
- Alex Hayes: Artist, action sports athlete and social media influencer.
- Sergio Perera: Celebrated chef, and nutrition consultant to actor Chris Hemsworth.
- Samantha Armytage: Award winning journalist.
- Reggie Watts: Internationally renowned musician, comedian, writer and actor.
- Jim Jefferies: Comedian, actor and writer.
- Sophia Li: Serial entrepreneur and founder and CEO of ClickTalent.
- Daniel Glenn: Decorated special operations officer and bomb defuser.
- Von Decarlo: New York-bred stand up comedian, producer, writer, and actress.
- Jenny Johnson: Comedian and Writer.
- DJ Tennis: Global star in the electronic music space.
- Micci: Live vocalist for DJ duo Peking Duk.
- Guy Sebastian: Australian singer and songwriter.
- Seth Troxler: American DJ and record producer.
- Tiga: Canadian musician, DJ and record producer of electronic dance music.
- DJ Holographic: One-woman funk machine.
- Sneaky Sound System: Award winning vocalist and DJ/producer duo.
- Lunar Disco: Talented DJ/composer and singer songwriter duo.
- Shaun Reeves: DJ, producer and clubland star.
- Cassette: Australian DJ and producer.
- Late Nite Tuff Guy: DJ and producer.
- Vince Sorrenti: One of Australia’s most successful and popular comics.
- Sophia Tilley: Yoga, meditation and kindred instructor.
- John Sweeney: Meditation expert.
- Frederic Coury: Founder of Swedish Fit, a workout program focused on fun.
- Nigel Beach: Physiotherapist & Wim Hof instructor.
- Generik: Celebrity Trainspotter. TV host. Partystarter.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub: American actress and comedian.
- Rochelle Jordan: Canadian R&B musician.