ePac Flexible Packaging (ePac) has announced the launch of in-house design services to support brands of all sizes to optimise packaging design and branding. A network of designers has joined ePac to help bring new and existing customers’ brands to life, providing packaging design support, as well as branding and content services to support their growth journey.
What does ePac’s new offering mean for brands?
To celebrate the launch of the new offering, ePac is launching a design competition open to new and existing customers, as well as design and creative agencies. The competition will run between 8 May 2023 and 30 June 2023, with the winner of the ePac Packaging Design Awards to win A$5,000 worth of flexible packaging in the form of roll stock or pouches.
Claire Summers, ePac Flexible Packaging Marketing Director, APAC said: “Branding and design plays a pivotal role in the battle for attention on shelves and online, and we are thrilled to be able to offer design services to our customers in addition to their digital packaging needs.”
“Since launching in 2021, ePac has received a great response from the community, helping us build momentum in Australia. ePac’s design offering is a natural progression from our vision to help small businesses establish big brand presence by supporting their packaging needs with its local, cost-effective, fast and sustainable offerings,” Claire Summers further added.
What is the wider industry context of this launch?
Packaging design is a powerful tool that can be used to create a strong brand identity and connect with consumers on an emotional level. When done well, packaging can help to increase sales, improve customer loyalty, and boost brand awareness.
There are many factors to consider when designing packaging, including the product itself, the target audience, and the competitive landscape. The goal is to create packaging that is both visually appealing and functional. It should also be easy to open and use, and it should be recyclable or reusable.
When designing packaging, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The product: The packaging should be designed to protect the product and keep it fresh. It should also be easy to open and use.
- The target audience: The packaging should be designed to appeal to the target audience. This includes considering factors such as age, gender, lifestyle, and interests.
- The competitive landscape: The packaging should be designed to stand out from the competition. This can be done through the use of unique shapes, colors, or graphics.
Once the factors have been considered, the next step is to develop a creative concept for the packaging. This can be done by brainstorming ideas, sketching, and creating mockups. Once a concept has been developed, it can be refined and finalized.
The final step is to produce the packaging. This can be done through a variety of methods, including printing, die cutting, and embossing. The production process will vary depending on the type of packaging and the materials used.
Packaging design is an important part of the branding process. When done well, packaging can help to create a strong brand identity and connect with consumers on an emotional level. This can lead to increased sales, improved customer loyalty, and boosted brand awareness.
Here are some examples of successful packaging design:
- Apple’s iPhone packaging is simple and elegant. The white box with the Apple logo is instantly recognizable and creates a sense of luxury.
- Coca-Cola’s cans are iconic. The red and white design is instantly recognizable and has been around for over 100 years.
- Nike’s shoes are known for their bold colors and sleek design. The packaging reflects the brand’s identity and helps to create a sense of excitement and anticipation.
These are just a few examples of how packaging design can be used to create a strong brand identity. When done well, packaging can be a powerful tool for marketing and sales.
Here are some tips for creating effective packaging design:
- Keep it simple: The best packaging is simple and easy to understand. Avoid using too much text or graphics.
- Use high-quality materials: The packaging should be made from high-quality materials that will protect the product and last for a long time.
- Be creative: The packaging should be unique and stand out from the competition. Use creative colors, shapes, and graphics to capture attention.
- Tell a story: The packaging should tell a story about the product. Use images and text to create a connection with the customer.
By following these tips, you can create effective packaging design that will help you to build a strong brand and increase sales.
What is the market reach of ePac?
Built entirely on breakthrough digital printing technology, ePac Flexible Packaging serves local brands of all sizes, across multiple product categories from snacks, confections health and beauty, coffee, natural and organic foods, pet food, and nutritional supplements.
ePac offers 10-15 business day lead time, focuses on small and medium run-length orders, and enables brands to order to demand and avoid costly inventory and obsolescence.
ePac’s order-to-demand model equips local businesses with the confidence to take new products to market without the hassle of costs associated with inventory and obsolescence, through short and medium run length orders. The network of Aussie designers and content creators include David Schembri Studios, Designable, Birdstone and Thick Black Frames.
The judging criteria for the Design Awards can be found here and entries need to be submitted here. More information on ePac’s design services can be found on the website.
Gerald Ainomugisha is a business news reporter and freelance B2B marketer with over 10 years of experience in writing high-converting copy and content for businesses of all kinds, especially SaaS providers in the niches of HR, IT, fintech, eCommerce and web3. Since joining Upwork in 2012 (back when it was still eLance), Gerald A. has delivered great results for hundreds of clients, maintaining a 98% Job Success rate as well as 5+ years of Top Rated Plus rating (and Premium Writers Talent Cloud membership). Book a meeting with Gerald A. today to get the powerful SEO content you need!