The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA, will host the inaugural APAC edition of its ENGAGE conference on 1 and 2 Nov 2022.
What were the executive’s thoughts on the event?
Venkkat Ramanan, FCMA, CGMA, Regional Vice President – Asia Pacific at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA, said: “As our world continues to undergo radical, disruptive changes at an accelerating speed, we continue to see an unprecedented pace of change in the role of the finance function propelled by tech. The need to adapt and grow a future-focused, digital mindset is at an all-time high.”
“Through its specialised agenda with renowned speakers, ENGAGE Asia Pacific 2022 will enable accounting and finance professionals across the region to gain exclusive insights to help their organisations succeed and stay ahead of the curve in a competitive job market.”
Who are the event headliners?
The two-day virtual conference will bring together hundreds of accounting, finance and business professionals across the Asia Pacific region to discuss the latest issues affecting the profession, develop their skills and interact with like-minded professionals. Participants can be a part in 12 highly practical sessions on technical, business, leadership, people management, and digital skills development, to help them adapt and thrive in the modern business world.
- Ian Pitchford – Founder, Organisational Development Consultant and Executive Coach at Mind4Adventure.
- T.V.T. Chari, FCMA, CGMA – Board Member, Air Asia/ UEM Sunrise and Financial and Strategy Advisor.
- Rex Gu, FCMA, CGMA – Chief Financial Officer, Asia Pacific Operations at A.P. Moller — Maersk.
- Merriden Varrall – Director, Australia Geopolitics Hub at KPMG Australia.
- Dr. Shanelle De Almeida – Clinical Psychologist Group, Corporate Wellness Manager and Founder of The Mind Manager blog.
- George Amaladass, FCMA, CGMA, Founder and CEO of mybodycare Australia.
- Alex Johnson, Consultant at Insignia Communications.
- Rachel Bowden, Founder and Director at ThinkingAudit Ltd.
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA – CEO at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA.
- Andrew Harding, FCMA, CGMA – Chief Executive, Management Accounting at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA.
The AICPA & CIMA ENGAGE Asia Pacific conference will also include two panel discussions with business, accounting and finance thought leaders and experts:
- Moderated by Venkkat Ramanan, FCMA, CGMA – Regional VP, APAC at the Association, the first panel discussion on the future of skills will take place on Day 1 of the conference.
It will feature Anushi S. Jayasinghe, ACMA, CGMA – HR Director at Hela Clothing, Annelize du Toit, ACMA, CGMA – Head of Financial Control at Coca-Cola Europacific Partners, and Kairav Modi, FCMA, CGMA – Executive Vice President and CFO Digital Industries at Siemens.
- Moderated by Zahara Ansary, FCMA, CGMA – Country Manager, Sri Lanka & Maldives at the Association, the second panel discussion on digital finance will take place on Day 2.
It will feature Noel Tagoe, FCMA, CGMA, Ph.D. – Founder and Chief Executive at Noel Tagoe & Company, and Former Professor of Practice (Accounting) at the University of Nottingham and Riyaaz Rasheed, FCMA, CGMA – Chief Financial Officer at Robi Axiata Ltd and Asheesh Chatterjee, ACMA, CGMA, Global Group CFO, OnMobile Global Limited
Information about speakers and topics, including the full agenda may be found here.