Delta-Q Technologies (Delta-Q), a battery charging solutions provider for EVs and industrial equipment, announced that its mid-power charger, the XV3300, is in full-scale production.
Why is Delta-Q’s XV3300 a revolutionary product?
With its unique 3-in-1 design, this highly efficient charging system integrates a 3.3 kW battery charger, a 500 W DC-DC converter to power the vehicles’ auxiliary loads, and an EV charging station interface. These key features, encased in a ruggedized IP67 design, provide OEMs with an attractive package for simplifying electrification of their off-road applications.
“No other 3.3 kW charger on the market also includes a DC/DC converter for auxiliary DC loads and an EVSE charging interface in such a compact size. As we start full-scale production, we can begin to fulfill the substantial demand we received since we announced the initial development,” said Mourad Chergui, Senior Product Manager with Delta-Q.
The 3.3 kW charging solution is available in 58.8, 65, and 120-volt DC models and is scalable, allowing original equipment manufacturers to stack up to three chargers for power levels up to 10 kW. The XV3300 uses complex algorithms to deliver a precise charge to batteries of various chemistries and voltages, maximizing battery life and optimizing charge time.
What is the product offering of Delta-Q’s XV3300?
Key features and benefits of the XV3300 charger include:
- High Reliability: The XV3300 battery charger is compact, rugged, and IP67-rated. It is tested for automotive-grade shock and vibration. Its fully sealed aluminum die-cast enclosure protects the charger from dust, liquids, and the effects of immersion in up to one meter of water.
- Enhanced Protection: The XV3300 is a low-voltage charger that optimally charges all battery chemistries and nominal voltages between 48 V to 120 V. It is also protected against short circuits, over-voltage, and over-temperature to ensure safe operation.
- Flexible Power Options: The XV3300 is scalable and can be paralleled to provide between 3.3 kW to 10 kW of power for faster-charging options. The charger is also available as an on-board and off-board charger, providing OEMs with additional flexibility.
- Integrated DC-DC converter: It provides auxiliary power to operate vehicle accessories such as air-conditioners, controllers, lights, turn signals, navigation, and communication devices. It also eliminates the need for an external DC-DC converter, saving OEMs and equipment operators space and cost.
- EV Charging Station Interface: The XV3300 complies with SAE J1772 (levels 1 and 2) and IEC 61851 (modes 2 and 3) to charge from standard EVSE AC charging stations across North America and Europe. This feature provides end-users more charging options and greater vehicle flexibility.
For more information, please visit the website.