BlackBerry Limited announced updates to its BlackBerry® Guard 2.0 solution, the managed detection and response (MDR) service, which will include artificial intelligence (AI)-powered mobile threat defense (MTD), user behavior risk analytics and network analytics technology.
Blackberry’s enhanced feature set will protect enterprises and small businesses from the explosive growth of mobile phishing, malware attacks, attack propagation and insider threats from authorized personnel or compromised credentials.
The platform will deliver a new customer and analyst portal, and multi-regional support, and have data insights gathered from BlackBerry® Protect Mobile, BlackBerry® Gateway and BlackBerry® Persona for broader protection and expanded visibility in the organization.
The BlackBerry Executive gives a verdict
Billy Ho, Executive Vice President of Product Engineering, BlackBerry had these remarks.
“The sharp rise in cyberattacks continues to challenge organizations and security teams of all sizes, especially those that lack the ability to support all year threat monitoring and hunting.”
“With organizations increasingly moving to a remote or hybrid workforce, keeping employees safe and secure no matter where or how they work should be paramount for all parties.”
“Having a comprehensive offering that can adapt to the changing threat landscape is critical.”
“With the new feature, BlackBerry security analysts can better prepare to defend customers by correlating the enhanced telemetry across mobile, desktops, network, and user data.”
BlackBerry Guard 2.0 will provide cybersecurity services
- AI-Powered Endpoint Protection – BlackBerry Guard 2.0 feature ensures that advanced machine learning uncovers malware, unfiled, and user-based threats in the environment
- 24x7x365 Monitoring – Constant eyes on glass including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Continuous Threat Hunting – BlackBerry Guard 2.0 feature sweeps for common attacker Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) to uncover subtle threats
- Continuous Threat Intelligence Overlay – BlackBerry Guard 2.0 feature provides a force multiplier by overlaying the latest threat intelligence onto environmental data
- Automated Rapid Response – Quickly disrupt and contain cyberattacks and security compromises, then notify account holders for maximum transparency
- Continuous Authentication – Cylance AI leverages passive biometrics and behavioral analytics to derive a real-time risk score to protect corporate resources
- Mobile Threat Detection – BlackBerry Guard 2.0 feature delivers extended protection for an organizations’ fleet of mobile devices regardless of where they are.
- Strengthens BlackBerry’s Zero Trust offering – Provides stronger access control with network layer authentication and granular network access controls and prevent users from accessing potentially malicious sites using IP reputation management
BlackBerry® Guard is a core part of a world-class security organization of incident responders and prevention experts who hunt through customer environments to find and contain threats, prevent major breaches, and allow organizations to mature their security posture.
BlackBerry competed against other Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response (IR) teams to prove their real-life response capabilities during authentic APT-simulated attacks.
BlackBerry Guard 2.0 is expected to be available by calendar year Q4.