Avetta®, the global provider contractor prequalification software, announced the new Workforce by Avetta mobile app with digital ID cards that empower workers to use their smartphones to take LMS training, become compliant and access worksites securely.
What is the market offering of Avetta’s mobile app?
With Workforce by Avetta, workers can get on-site to be safe and productive immediately. They can check their requirements, roles and training needed for projects in the app. They no longer need to carry different worker ID cards, because the app contains their digital ID.
While Workforce by Avetta supports QR code check-in tech, QR codes can create security concerns because they do not require additional authentication methods, such as passwords or biometric scans. This means they are easy to steal, borrow, replicate, share or forge, leading to unqualified and non-compliant workers getting access to dangerous worksites.
By contrast, BLE “Bluetooth” access technology delivers encrypted, short-range communications which require the worker and device to be in proximity with multifactor authentication using techniques like passwords, biometrics and digital certificates.
Workforce by Avetta features include:
- Worker ID Wallet: All cards are stored on the same device and in the same app, conveniently accessible any time and any place.
- Mobile training: Deliver mandatory training and induction materials directly to the worker’s phone to improve safety and reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Increased Worker Engagement: Workers will take an active role in their compliance management, providing a convenient way to submit their compliance information and stay up to date on their training requirements.
- Enhanced Security: Workers activate the app using 2-factor authentication, meaning only invited and authenticated workers use the app and access sites.
- Know before you go: Workers can check whether they meet the site access requirements at home or on the go, before they travel to site. Non-compliances can be remedied before arriving at the gate.
- A connected workforce: Broadcast messages directly to the Workforce by Avetta app. Workers are notified when new messages arrive. Workers will see all essential work messages in one location. They can filter, acknowledge, and manage their inbox.
What does the product mean for Avetta?
“We have moved to contactless payments and digital wallets so we are bringing this security and convenance to worksite access digital ID cards,” said Taylor Allis, Avetta CPO.
“Workers can view their roles and competencies, take mobile LMS and induction trainings, and get access to sites all through one app. Only trained, certified and verified workers will be able to gain access to the site to safely conduct the work they are asked to perform.”
The mobile apps link to a firm’s Avetta workforce management solution and is already being used by numerous businesses. For more on Workforce by Avetta, please visit the website.