The Australian Technologies Competition is now open! Enter Australia’s leading tech competition and late stage accelerator, shortlisting homegrown tech-based scaleups with the greatest global potential. Here’s your chance to showcase your technology and solution that solves the challenges of our times – health, supply chains, food security, climate change, cyber security, emergencies and more.
The Australian Technologies Competition opened Thursday, April 2nd. In 2020, the Competition will conduct all meetings, events, workshops virtually until social distancing restrictions are no longer required. Time for Australia’s most promising tech SMEs to throw their hat in the ring, showcasing their global potential.
The Australian Technologies Competition seeks to identify and accelerate Australian technology ‘scaleups’ with the greatest global potential. In 2020, the ATC will feature 12 Award categories – everything from smart cities, to new energy, cyber security and more. Two NEW categories in 2020 include: Space and Disaster & Emergency Tech.
What exactly does The Australian Technologies Competition have to offer?
Supported by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources, the Federal Government’s Industry Growth Centres, the Victorian State Government and corporate partners, The Competition includes:
- three stages of judging;
- an intensive international growth accelerator;
- one to one mentoring;
- partner connect events with domestic and international investors and market partners;
- national awards for both industry sectors and Australian Technology Company of the Year.
Over 280 semifinalists from previous years are the basis of a unique alumni network. Read more about the process here. Entries are welcome via the website between now and closing date of 8 May 2020.
To enter, companies must be an Australian-based SME company with less than 100 employees. In addition, they must own or have the commercial rights to the intellectual property for the key technology in an eligible industry sector. The Online Entry Form takes 20-30 minutes to complete.
Benefits to participants include:
- Raise company profile and receive expert validation
- Introduction to potential partners/investors
- Free business mentoring
- Industry recognition and accolades
- Networking opportunities
- Road testing of business model
- Guidance of commercialisation pathways and support services
Key dates to remember:
- 2 April – ATC20 Opens
- 8 May – Entries Close
- 15 June – Semi Finalists Announced
- 13 – 17 July – Growth Masterclass (virtual event)
- 17 August – Semi Finalists must submit their Concise Business Plans
- 25 September – Finalists Announced
- 19 October – Partner Connect event
- 20 October – ATC20 Showcase & Awards Ceremony