NielsenIQ announced the 2022 recipients of the seventh annual NielsenIQ BASES Design Impact Awards for the consumer-packaged goods (CPG) industry. The awards celebrate best-in-class package redesigns, and the business impacts they make for their companies.
Who were this year’s winners?
The winners of the 2022 NielsenIQ BASES Design Impact Award are:
- L’usine Sliced Multigrain Bread (Parent Company: Almarai, Saudi Arabia)
- Coors Light Beer (Molson Coors Beverage Company; Design Agency: Soulsight; US)
- Brooke’s Oros Beverages (Tiger Brands; Design Agency: Just Design; South Africa)
- Cadbury Old Gold Chocolate (Mondelez International; Design Firm: Bulletproof; Australia)
- Lucozade Energy Drink (Suntory; United Kingdom)
- Nescafé Artesano Coffee (Nestlé; Colombia)
- SSENSE Herbal Tea (SSENSE; Design Agency: Pigeon; Canada)
- Turin Chocolate (Mars; Mexico)
- Speed Stick & Lady Speed Stick (Colgate-Palmolive; Design: Dragon Rouge BZ; Mexico)
- Lay’s Potato Chips (PepsiCo; Design Agency: PEP Global Design Team; South Africa)
What made this year’s winners standout?
This year’s award winners include brands that delivered innovative and creative packaging with design concepts that reflected brand vision while supporting the shopper journey.
Sixty brands submitted package redesigns and the NielsenIQ BASES team used the company’s proprietary Retail Measurement Sales (RMS) data to identify which brands demonstrated an increase in sales after the launch of the updated package designs.
NielsenIQ also conducted a behavioral survey of 15,000 shoppers to assess individual entries across the shopper journey. Each product was evaluated to determine if it presented a visually appealing, easily identifiable package that allowed consumers to find the product on shelves and engage them to purchase the item. The results unveiled 10 winners across various CPG categories with excellent designs and a measurable increase in sales.
“Our team is thrilled to promote inspired brands who deliver fresh, beautifully designed packages that stimulate brand growth and financial successes. This year’s winners embody how effective redesigned packaging can help transform and elevate the bottom line of a brand. These companies did it right and we’re excited to showcase their outstanding milestones,” said Andrea Fraboni, VP & Global Leader of BASES Design Solutions at NielsenIQ.
Learn more about our package design research solutions and learnings from this year’s winners by visiting the BASES Design Impact Award web page. All products and company names are trademarks of their respective holders. No affiliation is expressed or implied.